Wedding Planner vs Coordinator
So I'm sure most of you have heard of a Wedding Planner before, but maybe not a Wedding Coordinator. What is the difference and which is the best fit for you and your wedding?
A Wedding Planner works with the couple from the start, suggesting ideas, choosing suppliers, working on budgets etc. A Wedding Coordinator is for those couples who want to do the planning themselves but want a professional to bring it all together.
You should hire a Wedding Planner if:
- you have no idea where to start and your not very organised
- you need help with planning all aspects of your day
- you want someone to choose suppliers for you
- you need someone to manage your wedding budget
- your not very creative and need help with ideas
- you have no free time available due to a demanding job etc
- you have the budget for it
You should hire a Wedding Coordinator if:
- you need help with the final few stressful weeks when everything starts coming together
- you want someone to take over the reigns so your free to enjoy the countdown to your big day
- you are creative and have lots of DIY elements that need coordinating
- you need an extra pair of hands and don't want your family/friends doing on the day 'duties'
- you want to ensure nothing is missed and timings are adhered to
- you want to be a guest at your own wedding
- you don't have the budget for a full service planner
Each Wedding Planner and Coordinator will offer a slightly different service so please research carefully to ensure you choose the right match for you.
I hope this has helped clear up any confusion surrounding this topic, however please get in touch if you have any questions.